What is HTML Anchor Link Text Tag?
Clickable text is called Anchor Text . But many people say it Anchor link or Anchor Tag or Link Text or Link Tag. To make it clickable we have to place a code within the word or sentence as a anchor tag.
< a href=”page or website link”> word or sentence</a>
This anchor text accurately open the link of the URL which describe the content on one of the article pages. This anchor tag tells visitors and search engines something about the page you are linked.
How to make nice and good HTML anchor text link tag .
- Don’t add number or date:- Don’t use numbers or date in anchor text and even not price.
- Mention Links Details:- It doesn’t mean by giving full paragraph or giving big sentence in anchor text but aim for short but descriptive text.
- Avoid common anchor text like:- “next page”,”page”, “next”, “click here”, “articles”, etc.
- Don’t confuse anchor: It means don’t use the text which is not related to the link page. Google will easily scan link and page text and also it will increase bounce rate if user gets wrong or unrelated page.
- Try to avoid links in anchor text: Some time it required to share the URL in anchor tag but try to avoid as much as.
Avoid removing underling by using CSS styling in anchor text:
Make it easy for users by distinguish between regular text and the anchor text of your internal or external links. If removed underline from links and text looks same then it will not missed by google but there is possibility the user skip the links and your content becomes less useful. So avoid using CSS or text styling that make links looks like regular text.
They are 2 types of Links: Internal Links and external links.
Internal Links: The links which is pointing to the pages of same domain is called Internal Links.
< a href=”/blogs/new-blog”>New Blog</a>
External Links: The links which is pointing or diverting to the other website pages is called external links. Example:
< a href=”www.otherdomain.com/blogs/new-blog”>New Blog</a>
In either of above situations, the greater anchor text make easier for visitors to navigate and also good for search engines to understand what pages or websites you are linked too.
Many people usually thinks that pointing to other website will increase the website ranking in search engines, but fact is paying more focus on the internal links will help users and search engines to navigate your website better and this way will lead them to ranking.
There should be a proportionate internal and external anchor text. Nor too much internal neither external links.
You make be like to read Absolute Links vs Relative Links in SEO